Sunday, April 11, 2021

Finding your Why

 Earlier this week I had the most amazing experience photographing this multi-talented senior (really? artist, writer, lover of snails - did you know they can live 7 years and actually recognize people?? You'll be able to see the connection in the images. This really blew me away).  I actually meant to get this post out a few days ago - I came home from this shoot just being in awe of this senior and the people I get to meet and how much I love what I get to do. Getting super busy this week and having friends in town visiting I was just able to sit down last night, and it hit me again - just how blessed I am to get to photograph these incredible people and moments. I was reminded about what feeds my soul - working with people to feel comfortable in front of the camera even when they would rather be anywhere else and celebrate who they are and all that they love. It is the most gratifying experience and one that I hope is the same for the person in front of my camera.  I walked away from this shoot learning so much about something I knew nothing about and having such a blast giggling and learning from this senior. I want to thank him for giving me a gift - I felt like he gave me the gift of remembering why I love getting to be behind my camera in a most profound way. Find what you love and you'll never work a day in your life.... find your why, your talents and what drives you. I'm excited for this senior and to see where life will take him. THANK YOU for the time spent together!













No comments: