Friday, May 14, 2010

love - plain and simple and sixty years strong

Here's my warning to all of you - sort of like a spoiler alert - you should see flashing red lights that say " SAP ALERT!!! "

Most times I leave a session and I really feel grateful that I get to meet the people I meet and spend time getting to do something I really love. Meet M and G - they are from up North (Boston area) and quite possibly two of the sweetest, most amazing, and one of the most in love couples I have ever met. I feel so much richer having met them and having gotten to spend an hour and a half with them. They have been married for SIXTY years and I can't even begin to describe that they not only radiate kindness in general - they radiate LOVE! I really mean they are still in love - not the tired love you feel at the end of the day,after 2 trips to the grocery because HE forgot the milk when you first asked him to go, having picked up the dry cleaning and then having spent hours doing homework with 4 kids, kind of love - the "just met her yesterday" kind of love.

When I left my session with M and G, I called my own sweetheart up and surprised him, not with a laundry list of things to pick up on his way home, but a short coffee date in the middle of the day - just so I could tell him how much I still love him after 20+ years - that's what being around M and G can do to you. THANK YOU, M and G! You gave me a gift - the reminder to feel thankful for those we are fortunate to love and have in our lives. May we all love someone in our lives as much as you love each other.





1 comment:

Jonathan Piccolo said...

Beautiful story AND pictures!

Definitely need a "SAP ALERT" on this one. Hehe.