Thursday, November 8, 2012

Dancing like no one is watching!

One of my favorite blessings of getting to be a photographer is the blessing of the people I get to meet and know.  After several years of photographing for L's family, I feel so grateful that I have gotten to be a part of capturing the wonderful milestones and special moments this family has shared.  They are one of those families that I walk away from, knowing that I've gained far more just by being around them.  It is no secret that this family LOVES two things - giving speeches! and dancing!!  I've even found myself at the last couple of events hiding behind my camera as they give a speech -- feeling a little foolish as I realize I have a huge lump in my throat and feel tears sting my eyes.  They are those rare people that love to live life to its fullest -- truly enjoying the moments - and also sharing their awareness that they are blessed and grateful.  It chokes me up ... and puts me in awe that they are so humble and sweet.  and then they begin to dance.... and you realize they truly ENJOY life and I always think as I walk away with my cheeks hurting from smiling and giggling at what a great time they have, that in my next life.... can I please be born into their family????!!!






No comments: