Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Ninety Years Young!

I recently had the privilege of getting to meet one of the most gracious and sweet families. Everyone had come from all over the world (as far as Shanghai!) to celebrate the 90th birthday of this amazing woman, mom, grandma. There are some people you meet that have that twinkle in their eye that says they are just enjoying the trip - this sweet lady is one of them. I think you can even see it in her photo!

I love what I get to do - meeting people and getting a moment to glimpse at their lives, the way the interact with each other, getting to exchange stories and share a moment of our lives together capturing images that I hope will be with them for many years to come. Getting to do that with generations that have come together is even more special - this may be that image that sits on the mantle for years - perhaps being the only time in years that everyone will be in the same room at the same time. I cherish those images from my own family - like the photo of me and my great grandparents in front of their home - where I insisted on wearing the goofy red cowboy boots with my jeans tucked IN!!! lol! Everytime I look at the image, it isn't just three people standing in front of a camera - it brings to mind the time we spent together and keeps that memory alive and fresh. So when I say thank you for letting me capture the images of such a special occasion - I truly mean to say thank you for letting me capture a moment that I hope your family will cherish for years to come! (oops, I think the nostalgic side of me came out on this one!!!)




No comments: