Wednesday, April 24, 2013

double time...times two!

What a pleasure to get to see this family again and meet everyone.  I met J when she came to me for a maternity session.  It was a special connection with J, not only because she was pregnant with twins that she happened to be naming the same names as my oldest and youngest daughters (yes, both first and middle names are identical minus the spelling!! So strange!), but she began to tell me her story of how she would be delivering while her husband was flying in Afghanistan in service to our country, and would be missing the birth.  I had been thinking about adding the option to do birth photography.  I offered to capture the moments of her in the hospital and giving birth... and she invited me to capture it so her husband would feel a part of the birth process.  It truly was one of the most amazing experiences I've had -- and one of the nicest families I've ever met.  When her hubby came home, it was such a surreal experience to meet someone I felt such a personal connection with, while never having met him in person.  Here they are with their beauties at 2.  Aren't they gorgeous?  ...... And, yep - that isn't one set of twins, but two!!  These guys are going to have a blast at family Thanksgiving dinners and get togethers!!  Love these images, guys!  It was wonderful to see you!


aren't they gorgeous??





love the moments when everyone stops paying attention to the camera!


No comments: